Catherine D. Delgadillo, a graduate of Chicago’s prestigious Loyola University, earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science. She then proceeded to earn her Juris Doctorate from Valparaiso University School of Law in Valparaiso, Indiana. She is a member of both the Illinois State Bar Association and the Chicago Bar Association.
Ms. Delgadillo has devoted her legal career to the practice of family law throughout Chicago. She has spent time at the Legal Assistance Foundation in Chicago which offered her invaluable family law experience where she achieved significant legal victories. Ms. Delgadillo also participated in an external study with the Cook County Public Guardian’s Office that gave her keen insight into DCFS protocol concerning their removal of children from parents.
Ms. Delgadillo is known by her peers and the judiciary as a passionate and unrelenting litigator. She practices in all areas of family law, including dissolution of marriage, custody, removal, parentage, support and visitation. Her clients rely on her for her never-ending patience and wisdom, both inside and outside the courtroom.
She also volunteered with special needs children, which significantly increased her devotion to the protection and service of our younger generation. A proud Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do, Ms. Delgadillo has established herself as a relentless advocate for justice, equality and fair play.
- Successfully vacated an order of parentage for a duped dad that was entered against him six years prior by the court, and removed all child support obligations and arrears entered against him.
- Garnered the return of her client’s child to Illinois after the Mother wrongfully removed the child from Illinois. Now the Father is the residential parent of the child.
- Won a Father residential custody of his young daughter after she showed the Mother was mentally instable and had attempted suicide several times.
- Through the use of a temporary restraining order, she was victorious in preventing a Mother from removing a child from Illinois against the wishes of the Father.
- Used a Mother’s emails & abusive language to discredit her and secured expanded visitation for her client with his two sons.
- Successfully represented a client at trial in obtaining a below guidelines child support order and denying the Mother any retroactive child support or reimbursement of expenses for the child; the Mother had been seeking retroactive child support and expenses for a 14 year period.